UPDATE 2: 16:50 (4:50 pm) UK time: I see no one jumped at (or so far even reacted at all to) my Periscope idea. So I’ll presume the answer’s “No”? 😉
As you can also see, given I’m writing this, there has been no ninja attack on my house today…. as of yet.
* * *
UPDATE: Duvet finished. Now, to what I need to be doing. That’s called writing. 😉
* * *
1) Would any of you be interested in joining Periscope with me? You need to be on Twitter too. It’s Twitter’s live video setup.
I don’t know much about it, but I finally saw my first live one the other day: a photographer I follow on Twitter was walking around her neighborhood in lower Manhattan.
Turns out she’s really amusing. But she sounded like nothing I expected. Isn’t that always the way?
Gee, come to think of it, do I want to ruin your image of me? Coming down off the pedestal and all that? We need to maintain some “mystery” in our online world, don’t we? 😉
2) More social media. I did the ironing yesterday. My wife mentioned it on Facebook. Friends from as far away as Australia are now commenting and – women especially – praising me. Several men will try to outdo me, they pledge.
Writing? Novels? That’s nothing. I’ve become an international ironing icon!
3) If you blog here on WordPress, have you been noticing this yourself? Or am I one of the “lucky” ones?
I’m getting assailed by what seem almost certainly like spam followers. The email variety all have yahoo.com email addresses.
What new spammer-created hell is this?
4) I’m still getting visitors from Lebanon!
Are some staying around post-Hala? “Hello!”
By the way, don’t get Hala angry:
You wouldn’t like her when she’s angry.
5) Watched an episode of the Hamptons-centered, filthy rich, fantasy East End of Long Island, Revenge last night. The writers have lost their minds. But it’s still fun.
“I know Long Island’s out of most any normal person’s reach,” Andrew sympathized. “It’s nuts. Why do you think we’re up here [in upstate New York]? The property’s dirt cheap. You could get dozens of acres and a house for the price of a cardboard box in Stony Brook….”
Although having also spent a lot of time on the East End, maybe I bumped into an Emily Thorne and never knew it? Now, I’m worried. It takes years for storylines to unfold.
An underworld-affiliated ninja who knew Emily at finishing school in Switzerland and is determined to access my hard drive because I’ve written something in an unpublished draft three years ago that provides a clue as to what, uh, really happened…. could be about to invade my house here in England?
On my guard! Where’s my cricket bat? Or maybe I’ll fend her off with the iron?
If she doesn’t get me with the poisoned dart first.
6) Have a good Thursday. I forgot to iron a duvet cover yesterday. Well, that’s my morning settled. 🙂